Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mesothelioma

A few weeks ago, Emily Walsh, Community Outreach Co-ordinator of the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance, contacted me to ask if I would be willing to make myself available to coach victims of this devastating disease. She approached me because of my coaching ability, but at that time had no idea that I was a cancer survivor myself. Fourteen years ago I had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. My attitude, my perspective on life, and the support I had made an enormous difference. I went through treatment with ease and was able to use my experience to support corporate clients who were going through similar experiences.

Mesothelioma is a rare and deadly form of cancer. You will find a great deal of valuable information about it at www.mesothelioma.com

The Alliance provides resources and support for patients and their families. I promised Emily that I would share a link to the Mesothelioma site on this blog. Please visit the site and let me know what you think. If you have information about this disease that may be helpful to others, please contribute to this blog. If you have questions about it or want to know what helped me and in turn my clients, you have but to ask. Please check out: http://www.mesotheliomacanceralliance.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment